The Overseas Employment Administration Office is under the Department of Employment responsible for providing overseas employment opportunity for Thai workers free of charge and assists the overseas employers to select appropriate and high quality of workers from Thailand.
According to the Recruitment and Job-Seeker Protection Act, B.E.2528 (1985) and B.E. 2537 (1994) section 50 “Any overseas employer or the representative is prohibited to select and recruit the employee in the Kingdom for working overseas directly, unless such an employer or the representative has authorized any overseas recruitment agency or the Department of Employment to recruit therefore”.
As employer wishing to apply for the service of the Overseas Employment Administration Office, Department of Employment will have to carry out the following steps:
Step 1. Request for approval
The employer shall contact the Public Overseas Placement Section (IOM), Department of Employment or contact Office of Labour Affairs, Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in the employer’s country.
Document to be submitted for consideration:
- The Power of Attorney which authorizes the Department of Employment to recruit workers and to apply for visas.
- Demand Letter to the Director-General of the Department of Employment. This document shall state the type of workers required, the nature of work, number of workers and their qualifications and working conditions.
- Copy of the Certificate of Registration or permit to operate business in the country where the Thai labour will be employed.
- Model or standard form of employment contract in English
- Document granting permission for the Thai workers to work in that country, i.e. visas, N.O.C.(NO Objection Certificate)
- Employment Contract shall be made by the employer himself.
- All documents must be certified by Office of Labour Affairs or Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General responsible for Thai labour in the country to be employed.
Step 2. Selection of workers
(1) Advertising in the mass media When the Department of Employment has accepted the applications from the workers for employment, they will be treated as stock or reserves, whom the employer may call for testing or interview. If the Department of Employment does not have the workers of the type required by the employer in stock, there will be advertisement placed in the mass media or newspapers. In such case the employer shall pay the expenses, (if any).
(2) The application The Department of Employment will carry out primary selection.
(3) The Selection The employer or his representative shall carry out the interview, if desire. In case workers have to be tested, the Department of Skill Development which has testing centers for certain occupations or classifications will be referred. For classification that the Department of Skill Development cannot provide testing, a suitable and reliable skill testing center will be recommended for which the workers shall pay for testing fees.
(4) Medical examination The Department of Employment will send the workers for physical examined at the hospital or clinic with standard being approved by Department of Employment.
(5) Travel document The Department of Employment shall facilitate convenience to the workers who have been selected by the employer in applying for passports for which the workers shall pay their own expenses.
(6) Pre-departure training The Department of Employment will conduct training and orientation for workers, before traveling abroad, the employer may also join in the training and orientation, which will be made after the visa has been obtained.
Samples papers are here to download.