Passport holders from the countries below are requested to file for visa application at the Thai Embassy / Consulate-General where they have their permanent residency and are required to submit additional documents in person. Applicants without Danish residence permit are required to apply for Thai visa in their own country.
** Kindly note that these instructions also apply to applicants holding Danish Alien’s Passport (Grey) and Danish Travel Document (Blue) who are originally of such nationalities.
|A||Afghanistan, Algeria, Central African Republic, Angola|
|B||Bangladesh, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso,|
|C||China, Republic of Cameroon, Central Africa, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cabo Verde, Chad, Comoros,|
|E||Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea,|
|G||Republic of Ghana, Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Guinea,
Guinea-Bissau, Gabon, Gambia
|I||India, Iraq, Iran, Ivory Coast|
|K||North Korea, Kenya,|
|L||Lebanon, Libya, Republic of Liberia, Lesotho,|
|M||Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Madagascar, Mozambique,|
|N||Niger, Nepal, Nigeria, Namibia|
|S||Saudi Arabia, Federal Republic of Somalia, Republic of Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Swaziland, Seychelles, South Africa, South Sudan|
- The Embassy strongly advises that all applicants NOT to buy their tickets before the Embassy has confirmed that their visa will be issued.
Visa applications must be submitted by personal contact at the Royal Thai Embassy only. Any applications send to the Embassy by post will be returned to the applicant immediately
- As it often takes over ONE MONTH to be issued, enough time shall be taken into consideration to apply for a visa.
Documents to be submitted:
- Your actual Passport or Travel Document
– Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page.
- One copy of Passport or Travel Document ( All pages even it is empty)
- One application form |Download |
– completed and signed by the applicant. Parents can sign for the minor.
- One photo ( Photostat or Photocopy will not be accepted.)
– passport-type photo (4 x 5 cm.) , color, front-view, taken within 6 months
- One copy of airline reservation
– showing into and out of Thailand. (Please Do Not buy your ticket before the visa has been granted.)
- One copy of Danish Permanent Residence Permit and CPR card
- One copy of employment verification (in Danish or English) or a guarantor’s letter from Danish resident / Employer in English
- Clean criminal record in English from the Danish police
- One copy of applicant’s recent bank statement (If the applicant does not have his/her own bank statement, please submit the Affidavit of Support with the bank statement of the person who supports the applicant. If using Online Bank Statement, it must show applicant’s name and balance.)
- Reference person and address in Thailand/ Kindly submit one copy of hotel reservation or a place to stay in Thailand. (name and address)
- Nigerian nationals MUST submit Certificate of Clearance issued by NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency of Nigeria). The original certificate MUST be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria and then by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja.
Please note that The Embassy does not provide copying service.
- Regulations are subject to change without notice.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Consular officers assume the right to deny or grant any type of visa to the applicant.
- Visa application fee is non-refundable and may be changed without prior notice.
Royal Thai Embassy, Consular Section
Norgemindevej 18, 2900 Hellerup, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel. +45 39 62 50 10 Extension 1 (13.00-15.45 hrs. ONLY)
Fax. +45 39 96 50 59 email: firstname.lastname@example.org