Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-X” (5 years)
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before you will arrive in Thailand. (The best time to apply for a visa is approximately 4 weeks before traveling and 6 weeks if you apply by post)
- When applying for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy, it is required that the applicants use and submit an application form from the Royal Thai Embassy only. Applicants are to bring the documents as listed in their subjected visa category along with the application form.
- Applications lacking any required documents will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant immediately.
Personal contact at the Embassy (No-booking)
- Submission of visa application along with the requested documents is ONLY between 09.00 hrs. – 11.30 hrs. from Monday to Friday(except official holidays). Any visa applications submitted at the Embassy after 11.30 hrs. will NOT be accepted.
- Collection of visa is ONLYbetween 14.00-16.00 hrs.
- Visa applications submitted at the Embassy in person will take approximately 3 working daysduring the low season (March – September) and up to 5 working days during the high season (October – February).
- The Embassy does not provide copy service and all copies must be made in A4 paper.
- For visa applications sent to the Embassy by post, all the required documents must be in order.
- Kindly enclose the visa fee in cashand a self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage (registered mail only) so that the Embassy can return the passport(s).
- Approximately postage stamp is 150 kr. Please contact Postnord for further information on postage stamps.
- Visa applications sent to the Embassy by post will take up to 15 working days (3 weeks) in all seasons.
- For postal visa applications sent to the Embassy from Iceland, Lithuania, Greenland and the Faroe Islands, visa fees are to be enclosed in Danish currency only.
- Travelers who reside in Denmark and are expected to travel within a short time frame are strongly advised to submit the visa applications to the Embassy in person.
Purpose of Visit
This type of visa may be issued to applicants who are over 50 years of age and over and wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 10 years without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time with the possibility of an extension of up to 5 years at the Royal Thai Immigration Bureau (total 10 years).
- Applicants must be at least 50 years of age and above (on the day of submitting the application).
- Applicants must be nationals and passport holders of eligible countries, namely; Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States.
- Applicants must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million Baht in Thailand OR a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million Baht and an annual income of no less than 1.2 million Baht. Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year and at no less than 1.5 million Baht thereafter.
- Applicants must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 Baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 Baht. The Thai health insurance can be obtained via http://longstay.tgia.org
- Applicants must be Danish nationals or nationals of the above-mentioned eligible countries with permanent residence permit in Denmark.
- Applicants not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
- Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality and residence.
- Not having prohibitive diseases such as Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, and third phase of Syphilis as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 B.E.2535.
Validity of Visa: Multiple entries with the validity of visa of 5 years
Period of Stay: Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of 5 years each time with the possibility of an extension of up to 5 years at the Royal Thai Immigration Bureau (total 10 years).
Required documents (in English):
(Required 2 sets: 1 original and 1 copy)
- 2 Visa application form completely filled out. Download Application Form
- Actual passport (valid at least six months, in good condition and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page)
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the flight ticket/reservation
- Copy of hotel reservation or rental contract/deed. In case residing with a family, an invitation from the host family along with a copy of their undersigned Thai ID or house registration is required.The name of the applicant must indicated clearly. (It is not enough to write the address on the application) Example for Invitation Letter Click / ตัวอย่างหนังสือเชิญ Example for Invitation Letter Thai Click
- Three color passport-size photographs (4×6 cm). Photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted. Photographs must have a light color background with a full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photographs must be taken within 6 months.
- A copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount no less than 3 million Baht. Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the visa year and at no less than 1.5 million Baht thereafter. OR a copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount no less than 1.8 million Baht and a proof of annual income of no less than 1.2 million Baht. Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the visa year and at no less than 1.5 million Baht thereafter.
- A letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record in English (verification shall be valid for not more than 3 months).
- A medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases such as Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, and third phase of Syphilis as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 B.E.2535.
- Health insurance plan as listed on http://longstay.tgia.org with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 Baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 Baht.
- In case of accompanying spouse, a marriage certificate must be provided as evidence including items number 1-11
- In case of accompanying legal child/adoptive child, who are under 20 years old, a birth certificate/adoption order must be provided as evidence including items number 1-6 and 10. In the case where spouse and legal child/adoptive child are not eligible to apply for the category “O-X” visa, he or she can apply for the category “O” visa or “ED” visa (for child).
Visa application fee: 2,500 DKK in cash only
Applications lacking any required documents will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant immediately.
**The Embassy does not provide copy service and all copies must be made in A4 paper.**