Danish passport holders visiting Thailand as Tourists for a period not exceeding 30 days do not require a visa. Please note that Tourist Visa Exemption does not apply to foreigners holding Travel Document for Aliens passports issued by the Danish Authorities.
Purpose of visit
- For tourism (pleasure) purposes only (Category “TR”)
Validity of visa
- The validity of a single-entry visa is 3 months (90 days). Meaning that travellers have 90 days, from the date of visa issuance, to use the visa to enter Thailand.
- The validity of a Multiple Entry Tourist visa is 6 months (180 days). Meaning that travellers have 180 days, from the date of visa issuance, to use all the visa entries to enter Thailand with a maximum of 60 days stay per visit.
Period of stay
- Please note that the validity of visa and the period of stay granted by the visa are not the same. Travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days at a time.
- Extension of stay may be granted at the discretion of the Immigration Bureau: Soi Suanplu, South Sathorn Rd. , Bangkok , 10120, Tel. 02 287-3114, 02 287-3101-10 (airport office Tel. 02 535-1163, 02 535-1076), Thailand. Please visit the Immigration Bureau for more information.
- All citizens are allowed to transit Thailand 12 hours without visa.
- Each applicant, including minor, is required to have his/her own passport to apply for a Thai visa at the Embassy or Consulate-General.
- Your actual Passport or Travel Document.
-Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page.
- 1 copy of Passport or Travel Document (Picture page)
- 1 application form | Download |
– completed and signed by the applicant. Parents can sign for the minor.
- 1 coloured photo
– passport-type photo, size 4 X 5 cm., color, front-view, taken within 6 months
– Photostat or Photocopy will not be accepted.
- 1 copy of round-trip ticket
– showing into and out of Thailand, or
– Evidence of travel from Thailand
- 1 copy of hotel Reservation (at least for the first entry)/ rental contract/deed. In case of residing with a family along with a copy of their undersigned Thai ID or house registration is required. The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
- 1 copy of the residence permit card and the yellow CPR sundhedskort if you are a Non-Danish national residing in Denmark.
- 1 copy of bank statement with minimum balance of DKK 37,000 DKK. (for Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)
The visa processing fee is DKK 250 for a single entry and DKK 1,200 for a multiple entry.
Payment of Fee:
- If application is submitted in person, visa processing fees are payable only in cash.
- If application is submitted by mail;
– When apply by mail , a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage (Registered Mail ONLY) must be included for the return of passport. Please contact Post Danmark for further information on postage stamps.
- Please note that visa processing fees are non-refundable and are subject to change without prior notice.
Special Countries for Additional Requirements:
- Passport holders from the countries below are required to submit additional documents : Afghanistan , Algeria , Bangladesh , Cameroon, Central Africa, China , Republic of Congo, Egypt , Ghana, India , Iraq , Iran , N. Korea , Lebanon , Liberia, Libya , Nepal , Nigeria , Pakistan , Palestine , Saudi Arabia , Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka , Sudan , Syria , Yemen | Click here |
Please note that the Embassy DOES NOT provide copy service.
- Regulations are subject to change without notice.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Consular officers assume the right to deny or grant any type of visa to the applicant.
- Visa application fee is non-refundable and may be changed without prior notice.
Royal Thai Embassy, Consular Section
Norgemindevej 18, 2900 Hellerup, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel. +45 39 62 50 10 Extension 1 (13.00-15.45 hrs. ONLY)
Fax. +45 39 96 06 80 email: email@example.com