For Nigerian nationals whose residence is in Denmark, application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Copenhagen with Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A. in Nigeria. Otherwise, please see below.
- For a Nigerian whose residence is in Nigeria, application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria ONLY, with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (N.D.L.E.A.) in Nigeria.
- For a Nigerian whose residence is in countries where no Thai Embassy/Consulate-General is situated, application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, in person with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A. in Nigeria.
- For a Nigerian whose residence is in foreign countries where a Thai Embassy is situated or accredited to, application for a visa shall be made in person at the Embassy in that country with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A. in Nigeria.
- For a Nigerian student studying in a country where a Thai Embassy is situated, application for a visa shall be made at the Embassy in that country with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A. in Nigeria, provided that the following conditions are met:
– studying in the country
– residing in the country where the applicant is studying without leaving from that country for a certain period of one year at the minimum
– holding a re-entry visa to that country
– wishing to travel to Thailand for educational purpose only
- For a Nigerian holding a diplomatic/official passport, application for a visa shall be made at any Thai Embassy in any country of the applicant’s convenience.
Required documents for visa application at the Royal Thai Embassy in Copenhagen
- Actual passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page
- Photocopy of the passport or travel document (All pages including empty ones)
- A visa application form completely filled out and signed by the applicant
- Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A. (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria. The original certificate MUST be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria and then by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja.
- A passport-type photo (4×5 cm), color, front-view and taken within 6 months (Photostat or Photocopy will not be accepted.)
- A confirmed return air ticket / flight information (These can be flight details shown departure date, flight number from Denmark-Thailand and Thailand-Thailand). You must show all routes if there are stops in between. The Embassy will not consider your application if you do not have a return flight details. We also advise you NOT to buy your ticket before the visa has been granted.
- Photocopy of Danish Permanent Residence Permit AND CPR card
- Clean criminal record in English from the Danish Police
- Applicant’s recent bank statement in Danish account. If the applicant does not have his/her own bank statement, please submit the Affidavit of Support with the bank statement of the person who supports the applicant. If using Online Bank Statement, it must show applicant’s name and balance.
- Employment verification (in Danish or English) or a guarantor’s letter from Danish resident/employer in English. If you are working, you are required to submit a letter from your employer. The letter should have the headed paper of the Company stating your current position addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy, Copenhagen to certify your working status. If you are self-employed, you should submit a copy of your self-assessment paper, a copy of company registration or any other type of document confirming your working status.
11. Reference letter from school/university to the Royal Thai Embassy in Copenhagen confirming your status if you are a student.
- Photocopy of marriage certificate if the applicant is married to a Danish national
- Reference person and address in Thailand/hotel reservation should be submitted and completed on the application form.
In addition, the applicant needs to provide the followings:
– For working or business purposes: Letter from employer/company in Thailand
– For studying or educational purposes: Letter of acceptance from educational institute in Thailand as an example