Visa application and processing time
1. Personal contact at the Embassy
- Submission of visa application is ONLY between 09.00 hrs – 11.30 hrs from Monday to Friday (except official holidays). Any visa applications submitted at the Embassy after 11.30 hrs will NOT be accepted.
- Collection of visa is ONLY between 13.00-16.00 hrs.
- Visa applications submitted at the Embassy in person will take approximately 3 working days during the low season (March – September) and up to 5 working days during the high season (October – February).
2. Postal application
- Visa applications sent to the Embassy by post will take up to 15 working days in all seasons.
- For visa applications sent to the Embassy by post, all the required documents must be in order.
- Kindly enclose the visa fee in cash or bank check issued by a Danish bank and a self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage (registered mail only) so that the Embassy can return the passport(s).
Applications lacking any required documents will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant immediately.
For postal visa applications sent to the Embassy from Iceland, Lithuania, Greenland and the Faroe Islands, visa fees are to be enclosed in Danish currency only. Travelers who reside in Denmark and are expected to travel within a short time frame are strongly advised to submit the visa applications to the Embassy in person.
For Danish Passport holder
Any Danish passport holder is normally allowed to enter and stay in Thailand up to 30 days without a visa for tourism purpose when enter the country by air and only 15 days by land or by sea. If your stay will be longer than the mentioned period, then you need to apply for a visa.
For Applicants listed in the countries with additional requirements
**Applicants listed in the countries with additional requirements namely; Afghanistan, Algeria, Central African Republic Bangladesh China, Republic of Cameroon, Central Africa, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Republic of Ghana, Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Guinea, India, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Republic of Liberia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Federal Republic of Somalia, Republic of Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe and Yemen are requested to submit the visa applications at least four weeks prior to the travel date. More details click here
For Danish Alien’s Passport (Grey) and Danish Travel Document (Blue) Passport holder
- Applicants who are originally nationals of countries with additional requirements and currently holding Danish Alien’s Passport and Danish travel documents need to submit the visa application at least four weeks in advance as well. Make sure that all required documents submitted are in copies.
- Holders of Danish travel documents and Danish alien passports must apply for a visa regardless of how many days the applicant will stay in the Kingdom.
In case the applicant is a minor, both parents need to sign on the child’s application as consent. In case of single parent, a supporting document of child’s full custody is required.
The Embassy does not provide copy service and all copies must be made in A4 paper.**