Non- immigrant Category O for voluntary work

Important Information:

    • Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before you will arrive in Thailand. (The best time to apply for a visa is approximately 4 weeks before traveling and 6 weeks if you apply by post)
    • When applying for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy, it is required that the applicants use and submit an application form from the Royal Thai Embassy only. Applicants are to bring the documents as listed in their subjected visa category along with the application form.
    • Applications lacking any required documents will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant immediately.

Personal contact at the Embassy (No-booking)

  • Submission of visa application along with the requested documents is ONLY between 09.00 hrs. – 11.30 hrs. from Monday to Friday(except official holidays). Any visa applications submitted at the Embassy after 11.30 hrs. will NOT be accepted.
  • Collection of visa is ONLYbetween 14.00-16.00 hrs.
  • Visa applications submitted at the Embassy in person will take approximately 3 working daysduring the low season (March – September) and up to 5 working days during the high season (October – February).
  • The Embassy does not provide copy service and all copies must be made in A4 paper.

Postal application

  • For visa applications sent to the Embassy by post, all the required documents must be in order.
  • Kindly enclose the visa fee in cashand a self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage (registered mail only) so that the Embassy can return the passport(s).
  • Approximately postage stamp is  150 kr. Please contact Postnordfor further information on postage stamps.
  • Visa applications sent to the Embassy by post will take up to 15 working days (3 weeks) in all seasons.
  • For postal visa applications sent to the Embassy from Iceland, Lithuania, Greenland and the Faroe Islands, visa fees are to be enclosed in Danish currency only.
  • Travelers who reside in Denmark and are expected to travel within a short time frame are strongly advised to submit the visa applications to the Embassy in person.
Visa form image

Click to download form

Applicants who wish to conduct a voluntary work in Thailand can only apply for a single entry Non-Immigrant O visa which allows him/her to stay in Thailand for 90 days. Should the work period exceed 90 days, applicants must contact the Thai Immigration Service and apply for an extension of the stay permit.

Applicants are requested to submit the following documents.

  1. A duly completed application form.
  2. Actual passport (valid at least six months and in good condition)
  3. Copy of the passport (Do NOT attempt to cut the copy of your passport into a passport size.)
  4. Copy of the round-trip tickets or reservation
  5. Copy of hotel reservation/ rental contract/deed. In case of residing with a family, an invitation from the host family along with a copy of their undersigned Thai ID or house registration is required. In case of work or attending business conferences or volunteer, a confirmation from the host company confirming the applicant’s residential address is required.The name of the applicant must indicated clearly. (It is not enough to write the address on the application)
  6. 1 x colored passport photo, size 4 X 5 cm., front-view, taken no longer than six months
  7. An invitation letter from the organization in Thailand stating the purpose of your stay in Thailand as well as the period of the work
  8. A copy of the organisation’s registration
  9.  If you are a non-Danish national residing in Denmark then you need a copy of the residence permit (opholdstilladelse)AND a copy of the yellow CPR card
  10. Citizens listed in the countries with additional requirements, please see section List of Certain Countries with Additional Requirements. Click here
  11. Appropriate fee in cash click here
  12. Each application must contain all the required documents. One copy of the document, e.g. flight ticket, cannot be shared with other applicants. Each applicant must have their own copy.

* All documents must be copied  in A4 size. Do not attempt to cut the copy of your passport into a passport size.*


  1. Kindly note that a single entry Non-Immigrant visa allows travellers to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for three months only. An application for extension of stay permit is possible at the Thai Immigration Office provided that the applicants contact the Immigration in person with the required documents according to each category of visa.
  2. On the other hand, a multiple entries Non-Immigrant visa with one year validity allows a maximum stay in Thailand for three months per entry, meaning that travelers must leave the country every 90 days or contact the Thai Immigration for extension of stay permit.


    Non-Immigrant Visa                                 500 DKK for single entry

    The Embassy accepts visa payment only in cash. The Embassy does not accept credit cards, neither bank transfers nor other currencies than Danish Kroner.


    * These are only the most common types of visa requested at the embassy. If the list does not answer your questions or you need to apply for a different type of visa, please contact the embassy staff at visa@thaiembassy.dk or call us at +45 39 62 50 10 ext.1. (13.00-15.45 hrs.)

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About nui